Thursday, April 4, 2013

oops...I did it again

Alfie was frazzled by the end of this so called 'dinner'. Of course, he nor Liza hadn't eaten anything. He suggested they go out for a burger, again.

It was warmer so they went on his scooter. Of course, she was reluctant to go. She was in a dress, again.

He'd wanted to ask what that was about. She didn't have to wear a dress all the time, did she? Of course, it was more or less a granny dress in his book. Practically a maxi, but with sleeves. God, forbid if he saw a neckline.

Maybe she was really young if she'd stop dressing that way, but then he wasn't going to mention it. He was still peeved with Hal.

"What's wrong?" She asked later when they were in their favorite booth with their favorite foods.

"I just don't get Natalie, sometimes." He shrugged. "Sure, I know it must have been hard to get over Smed, but with Hal?" He shook his head. "He's just a rebound guy."

"Rebound guy?" She was playing with her strawberry shake.

"Yeah, rebound guy. She was really in love with Smed. I never seen her in love with anybody, quite like she was with him. OK..OK..before him was this..this Derrick guy. That looked perfect too. Or so she used to tell me." He squinted then as he added more sugar to his creamed coffee. "I'm beginning to think Natalie is not the best when it comes to relationships. But she's always there for the long haul. Always, thinking it'll get better. Its not gonna get better with Hal. She should just come home."

"You, do know a lot about her." Liza shrugged.

"So? What is that suppose to mean? She's my friend." Alfie looked at her startled. "Really, I didn't have a problem with her and Smed."

"But he's with Sammi now?" Liza remembered.

"Yeah, I guess he cheated on Nat." Alfie shrugged.

"With Sammi?" Liza looked at Alfie as if he'd really spoiled any notion she had of ever being friends with Sammi.

"No, it was..Caitlin." Alfie said ever so quietly, thinking he wasn't one to gossip. He squinted as if he hadn't meant to talk about Natalie so much.

"Caitlin?" Liza squinted harder as if now she had a bad taste in her mouth.

"OK, I don't really know for sure...but.."Alfie knew he shouldn't say. "Alex and Logan told me about it. They used to live at the house, but they moved to Texas."

"I know who they are, I work at the zoo." She looked at him as if she wasn't a total idiot.

"The thing is, Smed was in love with Caitlin in high school. And..and he never said anything..." Alfie sigh.

"Are you in love with Natalie?" Liza asked as she glared at him expecting the truth.

Alfie couldn't help but laugh. That was the funniest thing he'd ever heard. He'd rather talk about other people than himself.

4 comments:

ellie said...

I'm glad she questioned him.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I love how blunt Liza is! :)

ivy's closet said...

I'm glad Liza is getting to the point.

lucy and sarah said...

Its good to see them talk.