Saturday, August 10, 2013

its in the air

"You, sly dog, you always surprise me." Gavin said with a smile. Maybe Timo used an ingenuity he didn't even know he had. "So you're a movie star and a radio DJ." He gave his brother's thin shoulders a slap on the back.

"Not quite." Timo shook his head. "Its not like the paparazzi is knocking on my door, or anything."

They headed for the pickup truck. They were headed for the grocery store.

"I'd hate for you to get a big head, or anything." Gavin teased as he started the truck, and they went on their way.

"Sometimes, I feel like everything takes forever." Timo shrugged.

"What do you mean?" Gavin kept his eyes on the road. "Can't you enjoy a good thing?"

"OK, yeah..yeah..I can." Timo sighed. "Its just, you know, waiting to see if this movie would even get off the ground. I stopped thinking about it after awhile. Like, I know Mom and Dad want me to find something better, and its not like I haven't looked or tried. I have. And..and I get nothing." He shook his head. "And..and now..waiting for the baby to be born."

"Hey, that'll come soon enough, and you'll regret you didn't savor the time when you had it, with Hattie. There will be a lot to do. You two, will really need each other then." Gavin nodded.

"Right." Timo looked Gavin in the eye as they pulled into the grocery store parking lot. "Look, if..if you and Caitlin are going to go through ..with this..courthouse thing..about getting married..then Hattie and I want to do it too."

"What, together?" Gavin winced with almost a laugh, thinking they might confuse the judge..wondering if the four were a couple. He nodded then, he supposed he should help his brother as much as he could. Especially, right now. "Sure. Why not."

2 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Hooray for a double wedding! :)

ellie said...

Lots of wedding happenings!!