Saturday, October 16, 2021

little revelations



 "I just don't get it," Deano was serious as he was crunching on his favorite cereal during a late-night snack with Caitlin. "How, how can Levi not remember Roman?"

"Um-he might have his reasons," She shrugged and handed him a bit of banana. She'd listened to him earlier going on about his old friend Levi, but she'd never heard him speak so fondly of him until now. "Maybe he doesn't like Roman because somebody else is on his mind."

"Really?" Deano looked at her as if he didn't know.

She only smiled with a soft laugh and shook her head and then sighed. "You're a dufus," Caitlin then informed him. "I wonder just how many lonely boyfriends you have out there." She went back to her cereal ever so casual, but she didn't take her eyes off of him.

Deano winced hard and shook his head, no. "I have no idea what you're talking about." His expression was almost one of disgust, but it didn't spoil his appetite. Of course, they'd already had a so to speak romp in bed, but neither could sleep.

She only held in a giggle. "I just didn't know until now...." She gazed at him as if she knew the true secret.

"What?" He looked like a lost puppy. In fact, she loved that about him. Easy going and a lot more fun than anyone would expect.

"Everybody wants you, Deano." She laughed softly and took his hand. "But I'm not giving you up. Especially, for this Levi. How could Roman have ever fallen for an airhead, like that?"

"Well, Roman is an airhead." Deano nodded. "Maybe, maybe that's why. They are just too much alike." He drank the milk from the bowl as if he might be a bowl of wine. "I never really thought much about the two of them, other than how happy Roman used to be when he'd hang out with us. You know, just jamming."

He squinted as if he'd used the wrong word. "Levi knows his music. I just played along." He shrugged. "I don't know how to read music. I play by ear."

Caitlin nodded as if she thought she might understand. She took another bite of banana and gave him the rest which she stuffed in his mouth. 

"I just didn't see this coming," he said after he choked down the chunk of banana. "I always imagined Levi to be Roman's happily ever after."

Caitlin was not going to let Deano have another thought about Levi and Roman. She was taking him back to bed.

11 comments:

  1. Me gusta la pareja de Caitlin y Deano son tan lindos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what will happen with Levi and Roman. Very interesting developments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has Deano figured out that somebody has something something for him? Or will he try to reunite Levi and Roman?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a great story teller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an entertaining and tender installment! Here I thought that Caitlin would be jealous of Levi's crush on Deano, but she's so chill, able to laugh at it. And this part about Roman is funny:

    ' " . . . How could Roman have ever fallen for an airhead, like that?"

    "Well, Roman is an airhead." Deano nodded."

    The end is perfection: "Caitlin was not going to let Deano have another thought about Levi and Roman. She was taking him back to bed." This is so sweet and sexy; love it!

    I swooned when I saw my moon in your collage -- right over Roman's airhead! Thank you very, very much for including it! It means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so glad I could put it in the collage. I thought the moon was perfect for this collage🍂❤💕 Thanks for making it..and thanks for reading and your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay I love Caitlin's personality!
    I hope her wish to convince Deano comes true. 🥰

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.