Saturday, February 11, 2023

and in the room locked up inside me



 "Is this going to mess up your Valentine's day?" Liv wanted to know as she kept her voice quiet in Bren's kitchen while Mario was showing Sammie her room, and Rico was tagging along to fill her in on school and working part-time at the grocery store.

"What do you think we'd possibly be doing?" Bren practically laughed. "We have no plans."

"But..but you're engaged."

"And we live together." Bren shrugged.

"I dunno, are you sure you're even a bride-to-be?" Liv looked at her seriously. Bren gave her a look that she better not say anything else.

"Sammie isn't exactly what I expected," Bren did admit. "I'm not sure if I thought she would be Mario's twin or what. I mean, they are just half-brother and sister. I don't know what I would do if I found out something like that. Especially now."

Liv felt as if Bren might be talking to herself while she was making coffee.

"Did..did something happen?" Liv winced. Bren didn't have any family.

"No." Bren laughed but Liv knew her mind was elsewhere. 

"I'm not gonna lie, but Rico is acting a little weird about this whole thing," Liv told Bren. "I mean, he keeps going on..if I were her brother stuff." Liv shook her head. "I've never seen this side of him. I mean, he has a little brother and sister at his mom's and he never talks about them."

"Well, it must be a little awkward," Bren looked back at Liv with a bit of fat bottom lip as if she'd be confused too. "Maybe he feels left out. I mean, he's Mario's brother. She's Mario's sister and really, that's their only connection."

"I bet we don't do anything for Valentine's day," Liv mentioned there was a Valentine's dance going on right now at the high school.

"It's too cold to go dancing. Especially, in a crowded room. Seriously, it's better to be here than there." She went on getting out every cookie she owned. 

"I guess so. Maybe we can go to Mona's again." Liv could hardly keep the excitement to herself.

13 comments:

  1. Oh :((( I feel sad with this chapter
    I want more!!! hahaha
    Good chapter, like always ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope Bren and Mario will be OK with Sammie around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valentine's Day is coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uy las cosas se complican genial fragmento. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want read more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing.
    I invite you to visit my last post. Have a good week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello lovely! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Im I'm really happy to hear that you liked my outfit!
    I hope you are having a great Sunday!
    xo from Croatia
    www.soniaverardo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. They need an ice breaker to knock down some of those walls.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hard to believe Valentine's Day is almost here...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm interested to see how Sammie will affect Bren and Mario's dynamic.

    I totally get the low-key Valentine's Day thing. I hate crowded restaurants and the scramble to get a reservation on the biggest dinner date day of the year. The husband and I are getting takeout. And then, of course, eating lots of chocolate!

    This collage is awesome! That heart cake is so cool, and I love the gloves, jeweled heart, and yellow roses! 💖💌💟💝💜💘

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool Vday chapter. Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.