Wednesday, March 6, 2024

March Madness



 "Well, it happened so quickly," Woo said to his niece Sunny. "I just thought Hart would have told you."

Now that he looked back on it, he knew Hart was shell-shocked with the news when he heard of the lost funding for his job. It was complicated. It seemed it had to do with his country, wealth, university, taxes, and complicated stuff. The job was just not there for him at the language school anymore.

Of course, Liv was more concerned about Woo's job.

"Do you think it might be in danger?" She asked bringing him a Mexican beer from the fridge.

"I don't think so," Woo told her. "It was out of everyone's hands. Hart had to go back. He would have been deported, otherwise."

"Deported?" Sunny made a face as if she hated that word. She stomped away to her room.

"I know she's hurt," Woo said to Liv. "Maybe he just needs time and you know, it can be a long-distance something." He shrugged and took a sip of his beer. Thinking, it would give him less to worry about Sunny and her whereabouts then.

"This is just so bad," Liv crossed her arms.

"I know what you're thinking. You're not gonna get deported." He told her. She sighed.

"Well, that Chewy guy keeps hanging around," she mentioned he was eating their food.

"He didn't get into the beer did he?" Woo looked at her blankly.

Liv shook her head, no. "Just the sodas. He drank like four when he was here."

"Four!" Woo looked a bit outraged. This time he knocked on Sunny's bedroom door. He wouldn't dare go in, but he could still shout in Korean. "Chewy can't come over!"

It made Liv laugh. She got out the new six-pack of Mexican sodas from the pantry. "I've been stocking up." She told him.

17 comments:

  1. Very interesting story! Greetings and thank you for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the chapter. Soon things will go where they want
    X
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh so is Hart still in picture?

    Thanks for your comments! I had fun w/ the moons. I'm really curious about your Rafe & Maddie submission. I hope the Writers Group goes well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uy Liv me cae genial. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good friends are blessing in rough times particularly
    Hope all goes well for Hart
    Blessings and best wishes for you and family dear Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like a complex situation unfolding there. Relationships, jobs, and unexpected turns. Your storytelling keeps me engaged! Thank you so much for sharing. I just shared a new post on my blog. Let me know your views about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola! me gusto mucho el fragmento de hoy. Parece que le gustan mucho los refrescos mexicanos jeje. Besos

      Delete
    2. LOL..yes, he doesπŸ’›πŸ€πŸŒΈ

      Delete
  7. Refrigerantes mexicanos?
    Parece bom!
    😁

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chewy the soda monster, I love it! But the part about Hart getting deported is sad. I'm glad the same fate doesn't seem to be in store for Liv, especially now that's built a nice life for herself.

    I love the zebra pillow in the collage! πŸ’œπŸ¦“πŸ’œπŸ¦“

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.