Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Now We Got Problems


 

Thank God, Sammie was home alone. Actually, Carmen didn't know how to bring this up. But Sammie had brownies and they settled down for coffee and brownies as there was a chance of rain.

"You know, Rico wants us to move in together," Carmen started.

Sammie nodded as if she knew. "He can hardly wait?" Sammie's serious big eyes looked at her as if she knew what Carmen's summer would bring.

"We haven't even gotten through Prom," Carmen pressed her lips tight, but then told her friend she'd never gone to prom. Naturally, Sammie smiled as if she wanted to help.

"I'll make whatever you want, just send me a picture of it," Sammie agreed she would most definitely make it a night to remember.

"God, that is..." Carmen sighed. "If we are still together." That's when she told Sammie how she and Rico needed to talk about that touchy subject, Sex. Carmen made a face of disgust. "He seems to want to wait, once we move in together."

"Oh." Sammie looked around. "Well, as far as I know there was just Liv, and it seemed he started to think she only wanted him for sex."

This kind of cracked Carmen up. "Is he that good?" Then Sammie laughed. Carmen felt bad for saying it. Sure, they kissed from time to time. It was sort of one of those scheduled things in the last ten minutes before she made it to the door, at home. Usually, he stayed in the car. It wasn't that she didn't feel anything for him romantically. She did, but the timing felt all wrong. And she was certain if he knew of her past, it would be over. So she did her best to keep calm and think about her own future. A future that didn't have to be with him. 

"Well, he is a genuine brother," Sammie did admit she thought he was much more caring than her half-brother Mario who was Rico's brother, too. "I dunno. I don't think that's what he meant. I think he felt like she wasn't really there for him. Like she just had her needs. She didn't like where he worked, and I think she hated sneaking around. I dunno, it could be she was just having a hard time in her life."

Carmen nodded as if she understood. "But he might not be that understanding when it comes to me."

"I'm sure he'd listen," Sammie told her as she freshened Carmen's coffee. Carmen nibbled on the fudgy brownie. Somehow, Sammie always made it easy to talk.

"But.. but should I tell him, everything?" Carmen was even-lipped as if she might be preparing for War Stories.

"Whatever you feel comfortable with," Sammie shrugged.

"I don't know if I'm comfortable with any of it," Carmen told her.

"Well, it is the past. Maybe its for the best to leave it there." 

Sammie made it sound so simple. Carmen sighed.

"It's just I have made a few mistakes," she admitted. "But I've been on the pill and you know, I've taken care of myself. I never wanted to be my sister."

"Believe me, my mom had me on the pill as soon as I started high school," Sammie said. "She told me it was for my acne."

"But.. but you don't even have a blemish," Carmen stared at her best friend.

"Precisely," Sammie laughed. They went back to the coffee and brownies. Of course, Sammie packed up some brownies for Carmen to take home.

11 comments:

  1. Coffee, brownie and rain outside, the perfect setting for good conversation.
    Have a good month Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that she gave brownies.
    Have a great May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing chapter!!! I really love it!
    Coffee + Brownie? The best plan!
    thanks for sharing
    kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genial framgneto no hay nada mejor que la celebrar la amistad c on una taza de café y brownies. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  5. love brownie and coffee..... nice story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hola
    estupendo capítulo pero ahora me han dado ganas de comer brownie jajaja
    Besotesssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great chapter but now I've been craving brownie hahaha 🌸🌸🌸🩷🩷🩷🩷maybe brownies can keep the troubles away.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. LIFE IS FULL OF PROBLEMS🌸🌸🌸🌸So true. It looks like Carmen is doing her best to avoid them. Hopefully, she can confide in Sammie.

      Delete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.