Saturday, March 6, 2021

like an old song on repeat



 Caitlin got a text from Megan. She put it up for Deano to see. Of course, he was in the middle of putting the new sheets on the new bed. The small one was taken away and now there was less space, but they would suffice.

Hope was coming home. Deano knew her story.

"We were never that close," Caitlin looked at the text once again, but did not respond. She helped with the sheets after she put her phone down.

Deano knew Megan bargained with him. His job was to somehow get Caitlin to stop smoking pot. He wasn't certain how to do that. It was something he could take or leave. Maybe it was a social thing to him. Really, it wasn't like she was always lighting up.

"What's the matter?" Caitlin looked at him.

"Oh you know, you have that internship coming up," He didn't know where to go from there. "Megan..seems to think.."

Naturally, Caitlin drew a frown then crossed her arms to let him make the bed up with the spring sheets fresh from the dryer.

"Fine."

"What?" He looked puzzled wondering what he would have to do. 

"I'll go cold turkey."

"Really?" Deano winced thinking no way. Their weekends were made for bongs and whatnot.

"I can do this. I will be fine," she went to gather every bit of what they partook that was in the coffee grounds container on the kitchen counter.

Dean hesitated thinking she was throwing away some very good substance that he knew they both really did enjoy.

"Maybe..if I hid it for a little while," Deano's grin was open. He'd hate for it to go to a complete waste.

Caitlin looked back at him holding the canister. "What if we both have COVID and we smoke this stuff and it hurts our lungs even more?"

"Now, you're just making shit up," Deano had to laugh, but he knew Megan wanted Caitlin to grow up and get a real job. He went and took the canister from her before she could pour it down the sink. He would hate to stop the sink up.

"What are you going to do?" She winced hard as if he was going to take it all for himself.

"I'm giving it to my brother," Deano told her as he cradled the canister in both hands.

"Your brother!" She looked at him a bit peeved.

"Relax, he doesn't even like the stuff." He thought he might have to let her have some just now to keep her from getting ballistic. He wasn't sure she could go cold turkey, but he called his brother and he was on his way.

12 comments:

  1. I don't know if they do well to smoke such things

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never could understand why anyone would smoke pot. There are other ways to relax that do not include brain damage and consuming narcotics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the one thing that Megan and Caitlin disagree on.(the big reason why Caitlin moved out).aside from the phone conversations I have had with a friend who is a lot like Caitlin. (I am not sending her this part).

      Delete
  3. my motto: stay away from prohibited substances.

    Coisas de Feltro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing story! I like your blog) I follow you. Please foolow me back: beauty4fem.blogspot.com Glad to meet you, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope she is successful at steering clear of it. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ojala pueda evitarlo, te mando un beso, me gusto el fragmento

    ReplyDelete
  7. wait and see next....

    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering about Caitlin and Deano! The bit about the bed made me laugh, as always, and the pot part did too. Deano seems to be struggling with going without as much as Caitlin! Anyway, I enjoy the humor that runs through your fiction, especially with these two.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.