Monday, May 17, 2021

Today I will be ONE with the Universe



 "Oh, I don't know what to think," Caitlin started not to say much about Tori, but Megan knew differently. This she could sense over the phone, even if Megan was trying to edit something in a lesson plan on her laptop.

"Well, what is it?" Megan wanted to know as she stopped what she was doing. She got up and walked to the kitchen and turned on the electric kettle. She might as well be ready for a long conversation with her old roommate. If only, she and Cori had had a chance to be there at the dinner with Tory and Dylan, but she guessed that might have been too much for Tori.

"I think they are both doing OK," Caitlin sighed as if she didn't much care now. As if she might be in the middle of something too.

"Good." Megan guessed she should call and text more. It wasn't like Tori did those sorts of things to keep in touch. And Dylan wasn't telling her anything these days. But then again, everyone was busy. 

"Maybe Dylan isn't perfect after all," Caitlin said. "Every time, we both brought up doing something with them he shot it down."

"Oh, he's just overprotective," Megan assured her. 

"I guess, but I dunno I feel bad for Tori being so alone."

"Oh, really?" That sort of shocked Megan. When did Caitlin start caring so much?

"Have you heard anything from Wade?" Caitlin wanted to know.

"Wade?" Megan winced. "Cori never mentions him."

"I don't even know if he's around. Deano doesn't know."

"Well, who cares. I mean, he isn't all that friendly. I didn't think you thought about him anymore?" Megan reminded her that she did have Deano.

"I don't think about him that way." Silence, but then Caitlin shot back. "What if he's spending all of Melvin's money. He's living at Melvin's you know."

"I don't know anything," Megan didn't really know why this worried Caitlin so much. It was as if she was supposed to know something. "Look, I'll try to get together with Tori sometime." But Tori did have a way of putting her off. Like maybe Megan was too friendly, or something. She was beginning to suspect Kyle felt the same way, when she was around him.

"So what's going on there?" Caitlin asked.

"Not much. I mean, Kyle works. I never see Hope anymore. I guess she's with Frankie." Megan thought all was fine with their little world. If that wasn't enough, Cori kept bringing home almond and soy yogurt for her. At least her stomach wasn't acting up these days.

12 comments:

  1. I feel like Megan is the one who is holding the group together and now she is confused too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uy que harta Megan me parece un capítulo interesante. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  3. O mundo de todo mundo mudou nestes dias difíceis inclusive o de Megan. 🌼🌻🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone's world has changed in these difficult days including megan's.

      Delete
  4. It's really nice to read you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like Megan has her hands full with the group. Great read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, social dynamics! It's interesting that Megan and Caitlin seem to get along a little better now that they're not roommates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice slice of life, with great dialogue and characterisations. Good job creating believable characters. Caitlin and Megan seem to be getting along well, that's a good sign.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.