Wednesday, June 16, 2021

keeping it together



 Deano drove Caitlin over to Megan's. It was so quiet. He overheard her on the phone speaking to Megan about this brother of hers. Whoever he was was not the brother Caitlin was thinking of. It was weird.

Also, Frankie texted before they left to tell them Melvin was no longer in the hospital. It was all so unsettling. Just as everything was re-opening to a new normal it was as if their world had been turned upside down.

"I wonder if he called Tori about this?" Deano squeezed the stirring wheel. He let out a sigh, hoping all was well with Caitlin. He hadn't really meant to upset her about what he'd thought of Wade.

Surely, she wouldn't go looking for Wade now. Especially, if her brother was in town. But was that guy even her brother?

He was in earshot listening to Megan say this guy wasn't so little. She thought he was older than Caitlin.

"Just my luck he's some salesman trying to sale me life insurance," she frowned when she got off the phone. He knew she wasn't joking.

"Relax, it could be a brother you never met," Deano said.

"What? No, my dad would have told me." Her frown was small but he knew she wasn't happy about this news.

Still, his heart practically thumped in his throat. He was certain to have a panic attack. Honestly, this was too much. It was so hard to keep calm, but he knew he had to.

"I didn't mean to make you mad," Deano said as he kept his eyes on the street. "I'm just worried about you. I think this is something only the police can handle with Wade. Not us. We need to stay out of it."

Caitlin nodded. "I know. I'm sorry too."

Finally, it felt as if they might actually be soulmates.


13 comments:

  1. What a weird and terrible situation. No wonder Deano's on the verge of a panic attack! I'm glad that he and Caitlin made peace; they need each other now. By the way, I love your new avatar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deano y Caitlin es una pareja muy unida . Espero que superen cualquier problema. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  3. They should support eachother, because they need eachother. Nice chapter,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eu gostei, ajudar um ao outro é importante,
    os dois crescem juntos!
    💕😘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like there is a connection between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I am glad that Deano and Caitlin are helping each other.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.