Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Let's be friends



 "You really want to help me?" Alex was a little bug-eyed that Eddie came all this way to the Pizzaria to drop him off something he'd made.

"Of course, I do." Eddie's smile was genuine. So was the dress he'd made. "Do you like it?"

It was a nice floral dress. Nothing fancy. Kind of simple. Alex couldn't imagine actually wearing it.

"It's perfect for the library," Eddie told him. 

"Do you wear stuff like this?" Alex winced, wondering what Eric would think.

"Oh, I don't look good in a dress, I have knobby knees," he shrugged. "But I keep sewing because I'm afraid if I don't I'll forget this pattern." He suggested a plain white tee underneath or with a sweater. "Sneakers would be cute. You know, you don't want to fall all over yourself."

Alex nodded. Usually, the others were rather flamboyant and he thought of his alter ego, she would not like it at all since it wasn't goth or a little creepy.

"The thing is, you don't want to scare him away. This is..telling him, who you are," Eddie said. 

Alex nodded and went to get Eddie a drink and a slab of veggie pizza.

"I guess I've never thought of those sort of things," Alex winced.

"It'll be fine." Eddie told him as he went to a booth to eat his food.

"Have you been out with a lot of guys?" Alex sat down across from him.

"Not really." He shrugged. "Actually, I got beat up, sometimes."

"That sounds awful," Alex couldn't help but feel Eddie's pain. "I've never had anything like that happen."

"Don't feel too bad about it," Eddie sighed. "I was just a little too girly for my own good."

"But..but that's so bad," Alex squinted. 

"See how good things are for you," Eddie smiled. "I survived. I'm with Roman now. Still, we have to go through some painful stuff. Just be wise. And notice your surroundings."

"What if I don't find Eric at the library," Alex still wasn't sure if he should do this. "What if he is there and he doesn't ..." Alex pressed his lips hard. He didn't like trying new things.

12 comments:

  1. Name-same having veggie pizza? Well, THIS Alex wouldn't, I can tell you. That aside, I like how you are immensely dedicated to your characters and narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good post.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola!! vaya, pues si que la trataban mal, seguro que ya va a ir encontrando su camino

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex needs Eddie in their life ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never been in a floral dress for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to read the story...
    interesting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear!
    Another great chapter full of emotions and passion! Thank you for letting me read your work :)
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that Eddie is helping Alex. It was especially sweet for him to make him the dress and suggest he wear it to meet Eric. I like that Alex has all these different style sides, sometimes Goth glam, sometimes casual cute. I hope the date goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it takes all of us a while to find our style.

      Delete
  9. I really love this one! Excellent to see the life of Eddie portrayed so well!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.