Sunday, June 25, 2023

Now you got me on my knees


 

"Is your honeymoon ever going to be over?" She might have said it out of spite, but Derrick felt that way too. He didn't mean to eavesdrop but Delia was really being over-ran these days without Dora. He did his best to pick up the slack. Although, he really wasn't someone who could handle the phones like Dora and Delia. They could both be having bad days, but they were so pleasant over the phone. Even with a bad customer, they could soothe whatever might be on their mind. 

She hung up. He knew it didn't go well, but he said, "What did she say?"

"Oh, she's having the time of her life at Disneyworld," Delia was in a pout. "You'd think they were going to live there." She sighed, ever so sadly.

Derrick nodded. "Do you think she's really happy?" He wanted to know as he looked at her closely with his head tilted. They were so close they could have kissed, but he just wanted her to know he cared.

"Nothing's been the same," she backed away in her rollaway desk chair and gave him a serious pout with her arms crossed. "I don't know what to think anymore." That's when she told him about her ex showing up at Tristan's. "He's there all the time. I don't even know why." She shook her head. "I don't even think Mona wants him around, but he just makes over her like she's the queen, you know."

"What about Tristan?" Derrick looked at her, thinking he must be as bad as Holden. They were best friends, after all. 

"He's doing the best he can," she went to her keyboard to check on something. "We did at least get Nic's room and..and I'm moved in now with him. Even if his parents have a lot of my stuff at their house."

"I hope Dora actually misses us," Derrick said as if he was thinking out loud. He swelled a small frown as if this was all so crazy.

"Maybe, but she's in Holdenland now, and I think he's got her wrapped around his finger. He must be good in bed."

This cracked Derrick up. He couldn't help but try to hide it, but he couldn't. He smiled then and mentioned Eric was learning how to make mojitos. 

"But you don't drink," she looked at him as if that was ridiculous.

"I really don't. It's only a Friday night drink," He shrugged. "Maybe you and Tristan can get away from that crowd you're in some time for a mojito."

She nodded. Maybe they could. She'd bring a tower set and they could make it a game night.

10 comments:

  1. Holden and Dora are living it up! Interesting too about Derrick thinking they were close enough to kiss. Does he have a thing for her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohs and you're down to one Schlotzky's now? We only have three in the state and they're all in another city, so I never get. I miss the sandwichs. I loved eating there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good way to spend the night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hay que aprovechar e l fin de semana. Espero que todo vaya bien. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting..! I'm here for the first time and maybe I will stay longer...! thanks for sharing.. Pakistan Clothing Brand

    women’s jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to know Dora and Delia could handle the phones. Anyway, one happy couple -Dora and Holden. Perhaps another one will follow - Delia and Derrick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Delia. I hope she adjusts to Dora being married. I think Derrick's invitation for her and Tristan to join him and Eric for a game night is a good one. 🎲🎮🧩🪀

    I love the wild style in the collage! 🎀🐅💗🐆

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.