Wednesday, June 21, 2023

We were built to fall apart



 "How can she be this way?" Jade didn't know what to think of the Mona situation. Here they were gathered together at Nic's place as if they might be planning an intervention. Mona had not left Nic's room. She'd missed work. 

"Do you think she's all right?" She looked at Tristan with Dale stuck to him like glue. It got some getting used to, but she was with Ari and well, it felt good to at least talk to Tristan. And she was trying to get to know Dale, but she seemed to be right under Tristan on everything these days.

"Well, she's got some fire left in her," he nodded. Evidently, they'd had words.

"God, she's such a screamer," Dale sighed. "I'm not sure I know what she looks like anymore."

"She's got a bathroom. I guess she must have snacks too. I don't know. She says she can't eat," Tristan said. Of course, everyone had taken turns talking to her. Nonnie did her share as well and so did Weezer. It was like they were on watch. 

Ari talked to her, but Mona was silent and she had nothing to say to Jade either. 

"Don't go thinking this it's your fault," Tristan looked at Jade as if they knew who was at fault. Yes, Mona was their drama queen. "I've got our room all ready for her, so..um, if..if her Mom ever gets here..and if she can't make her come out, I'm breaking down the door."

He was pretty calm about it. After all, he worked with animals all the time. Of course, Jade was certain he had his own lemur hanging on to him.

"I have told her that Nic made it to Seoul." Of course, he also said this made her cry more. "I try to annoy her every hour or so, you know, see if she's still breathing."

Jade nodded. Ari assured him he was doing a good job. Finally, Mona's mom arrived and she wasn't alone. "If only her dad was here," Her mom shook her head. Of course, she had no intentions of taking her home, but at least Hoyt had arrived and she said she'd let him take care of this.

11 comments:

  1. Ooh I wonder who Hoyt is. Mona is really not doing well at all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our AC got fixed today- the guy came by this morning after they told me it would be MONDAY til the part came in. Yay.

      A burgersounds fabulous. :)

      Delete
    2. Glad the AC is back for you. I hope it all goes well and you have a very relaxing weekend ๐Ÿ’—

      Delete
    3. Thank you! It's livable again. It was so hot we couldn't function. I haven't written all week. But happy w'e!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Uy pobre Mona parece un poco confundida. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow. Mona really is a drama queen. This part made me smile: "He was pretty calm about it. After all, he worked with animals all the time." Your deadpan delivery is spot on! On a more serious note, I hope the intervention works. And that Mona eats something already. Of course, the mysterious hero Hoyt has come to save the day. Love that cliffhanger! ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฆง๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿธ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฆง๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿธ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฆง๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿธ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿซ

    Thanks so much for including my geometric print in the collage! I love the way the yellow words look on it. And they speak the truth -- nobody ever does think it's gonna end that way! ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola! un capรญtulo muy interesante, tengo ganas de saber como continua. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, really interesting chapter
    I love it!!! I want know more and more
    Thanks for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olรก amiga, Ellie!
    Passando para ler mais um belo capรญtulo!
    E agradecer pela visita a minha pรกgina.

    Obrigada por compartilhar seu rico trabalho.
    Beijinhos ๐ŸŒท

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.