Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Hey, you



 "Jade, are you really doing OK?" Liv said into the phone. Usually, they texted, but she was certain Jade needed to hear her voice. It was Jade's first week all on her own at the reception desk without Dale/Delia.

"Oh, you know, nothing changes," Jade did sound a little down. She said Eric helped a little, but pretty boy Derrick wouldn't do a thing. Jade sighed, "I guess he knows he'd do it wrong anyway."

"I wish things were better," Liv didn't want to dare say 'I'm sorry' because she knew how much she hated that phrase. "Did Dale leave you anything to go on?"

"She's busy. She has such crazy hours, I don't dare bother her," Jade said about the matter, "But she did call Dora and she e-mailed me all sorts of phone numbers and list. There were things about opening and closing the place that I never knew..and it's all there."

"Well, that was nice of Dora," Liv smiled. 

"She wants us to get together for lunch, if we ever find the time," Jade sounded as if she didn't have time for anything these days.

"So, anything new with Ari?" Liv asked before she forgot. 

"Ari is so Ari, he's still trying to help Justin you know, and then he goes to Pan's. I guess hoping Pan will help him." Jade told her.

"With what?" Liv cracked up. Ari always sounded as if he knew everything.

"With me, of course."

"How do you know?" Liv laughed more, but the wondered if Woo was that way. She didn't think so.

"I used to talk to Rox some, she said she knew Ari always wanted to talk to Pan about me. Even Pan told her..so..so..." Jade's voice was tired. 

"I hope you're getting some sleep," Liv said, thinking how restless Jade might be.

"Well, I did kick him out of bed last night. So I had the whole bed to myself, for once." 

Jade then mentioned that Ari said they should start going on a run every night.

"Every night?" Liv winced. She couldn't imagine doing that with Woo. It was more fun just to dance in the kitchen with him, while cleaning up after dinner.

15 comments:

  1. Love the way u are able to write every day:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I appreciate your reading and your comments too🩷

      Delete
  2. Dancing in the kitchen with your love during you prepare dinner is one of the BEST sensations ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! πŸ’•πŸŒΈπŸ§One of my favorite places to dance.

      Delete
  3. Romantic to dance in the kitchen -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an exceptionally creative person :) You have talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. Thank you for reading. I really appreciate it πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸŒΈπŸŒΈπŸŒΈπŸ’•

      Delete
  5. Uy que bueno para ella espero que lo logre. Genial fragmento. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice that Jade and Liv still make time to catch up. And it was very nice of Dora to give Jade those tips about work. That's so invaluable -- and rare -- when you're in a new position. Finally, I too would much rather dance in the kitchen than go for a run every night! Or, you know, ever. πŸ˜πŸŽ΅πŸ“žπŸ˜πŸŽ΅πŸ“ž

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do love the idea of friends keeping in touch even if they are a world away. Jade and Ari do have their differences, but I still feel something clicks. After all, she was the one who wanted him to stay active in the beginning and not just focus on a physical relationship.

      Delete
  7. Aww... I like the idea of Liv and Woo :)

    Hello Kitty Sanrio!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice of Liv to take interest in how Jade is. Nice of Dora to have helped Jade in her work by sending her phone numbers and lists. That's how things should be among friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Liv. They can get more emotionally intimate

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.