Sunday, March 24, 2024

In my kitchen, you never listen, I hope you're missing me by now



 "Can't you just move in with him?" Sunny was serious.

That Louie was a hot head. Not that she saw much of him. Thankfully, he worked somewhere, but she didn't know where, yet Chewy seemed to know him.

They were cleaning as much as they could an hour before the coffee shop closed. Of course, she was doing more of the wiping down than Chewy who was checking messages on his phone. 

"You want me to ruin my long-time friendship with him?" Chewy finally looked back at her. Of course, cleaning was not on his mind. 

"Long time?"

"Our grandmothers were friends. We lived next door to each other. We both moved in around the same time, and well, we had to stick together." He told her.

She didn't like Louie. Of course, she didn't think that much of Chewy, either. Maybe it was because she wanted something better.

"Like a fairytale," Chewy had told her previously (on the first day she met Hart at the coffee shop). "I see you swooning, and for what? He looks like a girl."

In her next breath, Sunny was saying, "He look like a girl." About Louie.

Chewy had a good laugh. Finally, he picked up a mop and wiped it clean behind and in front of the counter.

"Oh, he's a lot of things, but believe me, he's not a girl." Chewy told her about Louie.

"Maybe you don't know everything," Sunny didn't believe him. In her mind, she could see Hart falling for Louie and he didn't want her to know. It didn't matter what her uncle had told her. Hart must have had secrets.

"Girly, you're the one who doesn't know anything."

Chewy left it at that. 

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful text.. the secrets. I think at these ages it is necessary to have them and share them with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fazer trança dá muito trabalho. Nem tento.kkkkk
    Um bju, Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm this is interesting. Sunny and chewie have an interesting dynamic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me gusta la pareja de Sunny y Chewie. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good text. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not understand the question. What didn't you understand, my name?
    A kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I said that,
    I don't like braiding my hair, so I don't even try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, I'm not sure what that has to do with the story (✿◡‿◡)

      Delete
  8. Hem dinlemeyip hem özlemesi olur mu?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it possible for him not to listen and miss at the same time?
    🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷 The title comes from a Harry Styles song. In the story, its about a girl wondering if the guy who liked her is missing her. It wasn't until he left that she started missing him. I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of intrigue! Although it seems that Louie's here to stay. This part struck me as funny:

    "She didn't like Louie. Of course, she didn't think that much of Chewy, either. Maybe it was because she wanted something better."

    She's a complicated one, our Sunny. 🖤🌞🖤🌞

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really captured an honest snippet of life here.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.