Saturday, November 27, 2021

Friendsgiving



 Hope and Kyle went with baby Jewel to Dylan and Tori's. They didn't have turkey, but spaghetti instead. Tori said she'd missed pasta the most and since her blood sugar was normal again they gathered together with freshly baked bread and lots of salads. Really, it was quite simple but it was nice to be with friends. There was talk about how they celebrated the holiday, but then later they played FRIENDS trivia and talked about other silly things.

"I hear that guy living with Megan and Cori should be on Jeopardy," Kyle mentioned. He'd been talking to Roman, lately. 

"You think you could make a living that way?" Tori asked. "You know, just on game shows."

"I dunno, it might be more of a price than any of us know, you know to pay, especially with so much social media. He might have to date somebody famous." Hope shrugged. Naturally, Kyle gave her a nudge to be quiet.

"That's just ridiculous," Tori laughed. "Whoever heard of such a thing?"

"He might end up in a Taylor Swift song," Dylan smirked. They watched a little TV while the babies were up and finally got around to SKIPO.



Caitlin could hardly talk when she called Megan. Of course, it upset her. She was afraid something had happened to Deano. "No..no..that's not it," she blurted. "I ..I miss Melvin."

"Melvin?" Of course, Megan kept her voice low. She said Cyrus and Pixie were at their place. So were her grandparents.

"Oh God, I forgot all about them being here," she knew she should hang up, but her eyes were almost swelled shut from crying so much. She'd lied to Deano about laying down after dinner. She said she'd watched OLD YELLER with her Dad and couldn't stop crying.

"What's wrong?"

"I already told you..." she cleared her throat, but the tears soon consumed her as she tried to get the words out. "Why couldn't the baby have been Melvin's? Why wasn't it Melvin's?" She sniffed what she could of the phelm but she honestly was making herself sick and truly she didn't care. "We.." she sighed heavily.."We would have at least..have had..a little bit of him..still here."

"Cait." Megan couldn't seem to console her. "Cait, listen to me. Don't do this. Try not to be so sad." She was quiet as if she wasn't sure what to say. "Try to focus on the good things. Look how great your Dad is doing. And..and be happy for Tori and the baby."

Caitlin pressed her lips tight. She wanted to do as Megan said, but she wanted to remember Melvin too. Why hadn't she liked him more? Why couldn't she be who he wanted her to be? She hung up on Megan. Truly, Caitlin felt as if she was the worst person in the world.



Frankie liked this. He was glad to be alone with Bea without any interruptions. Possibly, the vodka made them a little woozy but she was honest when she told him about Terrence.

"He was Marcus' older brother," she smiled. "Oh, he was the best. God, could he cook. And I was engaged to him." She sounded as if they were the best of times.  They'd met in high school. "I stayed with his family when he went to war. He was a marine."

Of course, as soon as she started talking about him, she got a little emotional as she cleared her throat. "It was a roadside bomb." She tried to smile. "After that, it was just Marcus and his mother and he found out she had cancer..really bad..so..I promised her I'd take care of Marcus. That's why we got married. And, it went really fine for a year or so. I think I loved him in the beginning." She nodded, "But he's always had this trouble, trying to get ahead. He's not a thing like his brother." Her eyes were wet. "You know, I feel bad I can't keep my promise. But I have a feeling if his mother was around she'd tell me I should have kicked him to the curb, years ago."

14 comments:

  1. I think I can´t keep this promise, she don´t love him, she must be free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do that toys in the header photo belongs to Baby Jewel? Looks great. I love your all header photos. I would like to see baby Jewel with the toys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uy Buen fragmento las coasa se complican te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is need to be continued... I can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last part is sad,
    and its true that sometimes no matter how much we try to keep our promises, we just can't.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Caitlin. I thin we all feel like a bad person sometimes. Very interesting to hear Bea's story. A sad story but it also makes sense. Life is often hard. Not all promises are meant to be kept.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always interesting where Thanksgiving will take you. Hopefully, it's just a meal, but to some much of the past is exposed. Could be from too much drinking or just the thought..what do I really have to be Thankful For?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Por que a gente sempre lembra de pessoas e situações nas festividades? E sempre queremos que as coisas tivessem tido outro destino...
    Boas inspirações!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do we always remember people and situations in the festivities? And we always wanted things to have had another destiny.❤❤❤❤❤
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  9. This is so interesting. Lovely Post dear! xoxo
    Allurerage 
    Thetrendybride 

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad to hear that Tori's doing okay, and not just because she can eat normally again (not that that's any small thing!). Now the drama's all about Cyrus and his savant status. I sincerely hope he doesn't end up in a Taylor Swift song! I don't think he could take it.

    That's a shame about Caitlin. She's going through a lot with her guilt about Melvin. I think she's being too hard on herself, though. I'm glad she has Megan to talk to.

    Finally, it's nice to see Frankie and Bea getting closer. I enjoyed hearing Bea's backstory and learning that she was in love with Marcus's brother Terrence but married Marcus when Terrence was killed. The line about Marcus's mother most likely thinking she should've kicked Marcus to the curb years ago is priceless.

    Thanks so much for including my cherries fabric in the collage! I was surprised and excited to see it; you have a real way with images!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.