Friday, December 9, 2022

Last Call



 "I just thought I should let you know, I don't want to be a virgin anymore," Jade's words hit a nerve when Tristan took the call. He thought he might fall but his bed caught him.

"What?" He didn't know what else to say. A part of him wanted to hang up and run to her right then. He'd tell her no. Was she drunk or something?

"I feel perfectly fine," she said.

"And?"

"You aren't going to stop me. I know you won't."

"Are you drunk?"

"I said I was perfectly fine, didn't I?" Her words were very articulate.

Tristan sighed. He found himself biting the knuckle of his thumb.

"Do you know what you're asking for?" He asked.

"What do you care?" 

Tristan cringed. He couldn't answer.

"I'm sorry. It's just-"

"Oh, it's always something. I was never special to you. You never cared about me. I'm just an afterthought." She rambled on. It made his stomach turn as he set there in his room just in his jogging pants and tank. He sucked in a breath as he thought.

"I don't think you'll do it," his voice was tense. She was only playing with him.

"Wanna make a bet on that?"

It was quiet.

"Don't do anything you'll regret," Tristan sighed. "Look, I know I've done a lot of miserable things. I just want you to be OK."

"Will you hate me?" That was the real question.

"No, I'd never hate you." Tristan finally spoke.

"You hate everyone else," she said. She was right. It was easy to hate.

"But I could never hate you," Tristan winced. Tears were in his eyes. "You were a real friend when I needed one." His face dripped with tears. "You'll always be my friend."

"I thought so." Jade hung up on him then.

8 comments:

  1. Uy pobre Jade, te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so last time I said I was surprised about Ari and Jade. But now I'm really surprised. I never thought she'd want to lose her virginity to Tristan! Does she still have feelings for him? Or is she just checking a box to put less pressure on things with Ari? Either way, very juicy. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.