Wednesday, March 29, 2023

A bunch of nothing



 "Oh, I wish I could tell you something," Dora didn't know what to say to Delia and her Tristan problem of not knowing her name. She sipped at her big mug of tea before it went cold. "I mean, you are still going out with  him, aren't you?"

Not that she cared either way as in the theory of good friends sticking together as a couple's couple. Of course, she was in her own little world with Holden. Oh, it was so baffling. She shook her head, thinking she was just dreaming.

"He's such a goofball," Dora smiled when she spoke of Holden. "God, I bet I gain forty pounds if we keep doing this dating gig." She sighed. She'd never eaten so much in her life and he loved whipping up waffles at midnight and covering them with ice cream and toppings.

"You are smitten with him," Delia could tell. She went on to make her toast and tea for breakfast.

"I know." Dora winced as if it were true. "But..but I don't want to-" Oh she didn't know what to do. She went back to Delia's problem with Tristan, "Just tell him it's Delia or else."

This cracked up Delia. "I dunno," she smiled with a playful shrug. "I kind of like it. I mean, it's not that he's mean, or anything. He's been kind. Really. I like that about him." She sounded as if she was just going to see where it would go. She sat down at the little cozy nook in the corner across from Dora who was still in her pajamas. "I just don't think it's as serious as you and Holden."

"Serious?" Dora winced as if Delia had to be kidding her. "Oh, he just wants to go go go. I'm kind of frazzled. I want to just sit and veg in front of the TV. He is so hyper."

"I think Tristan would like to keep it low-key. You know, just stick in the friend zone, but then he likes to hold hands and um..well, I am sure it's a bunch of nothing, but that's OK."

Dora nodded. Maybe it was just a bunch of nothing with Holden too. But he was something to watch and she couldn't keep her eyes off of him, even after he'd gone home and she was tucked in for the night.

10 comments:

  1. flow of story is curious to read...

    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love can be confusing. I think too that maybe Delia is underestimating Tristan's attraction to her ha. Nice to see these two commiserating about their love lives though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genial fragmento te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting post, I like it :)
    I invite you also to my art channel :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko0ebwHruE4&t=51s

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola! tengo muchas ganas de ver como sigue la historia, esta muy interesante. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zona de amigos que a la vez no lo es jajaj

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was fun hearing Dora and Delia compare notes about Holden and Tristan! It's interesting how their relationships are in different places -- especially when Delia notes that Dora and Holden seem to be getting serious. The whole Delia/Dale name thing didn't seem like a big deal to me before, but now that they're talking about it, I wonder. Then again, maybe it's just one of Tristan's many quirks. I'm interested to see how it all goes! 🧇🍓🍦🧇🍓🍦🧇🍓🍦

    Thanks so much for including my pink plaid in the collage! And, of course, for the Fitz and the Tantrums reference. 🎀🎵

    That local fashion show from the indie boutique sounds awesome! I've never been to anything like that around here, just one where there were prom gowns and old lady clothes and nothing in between. I love to hear about local artists in the spotlight! 😀👗✨👕

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me gusta leer sus conversaciones ♡

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.