Thursday, March 23, 2023

What makes a good woman?



 "Well, I have been thinking about the both of them, actually," Rico nodded when Liv brought up Mona and how she would never change.

"I think she needs more girlfriends," Rico said about the matter. They were driving to work after school. It was the same afternoon routine. Of course, he'd done his best to get Sammie to come work at the grocery store but she'd said, no. 

"Mona?" Liv looked over at him, practically giving him a face of disgust.

"I know she won't be your best friend," Rico practically cracked up. "I mean, I used to think all her problems stemmed from being with your brother, Tristan." He sighed. "There was a time I felt really bad for her."

"Oh, so you had it bad for Mona, did you?" She looked at him a bit bright-eyed as if maybe she was joking.

He winced then. "I just wish she wouldn't take Nic for granted." He hung on to the driving wheel as he stopped at the red light. It truly felt like spring now, even if the nights were cold. Maybe he was only thinking of springfever. "I don't know if she deserves him."

"When have you talked to Nic?" Liv thought of Nic as his brother's best friend.

"Oh, we've talked. When he's in the grocery store. That kind of thing. Just in passing," Rico shrugged about the matter. "Sometimes, I feel so much older than him." He looked over at her. "Thanks to you."

She winced as if she thought he was just being too funny. "Just what are you getting at?"

"I just don't think he's telling Mona everything, but then again..she might not let him. And even if he did, she might not listen." Rico had decided. "We need to do more with them, before it's too late."

"But..but she's my brother's ex-girlfriend." Liv frowned. It was as if he was asking the impossible.

"Tristan has moved on," Rico shrugged.

"Moved on?" Liv sounded as if she was still living in the past. "That thing with Magz was just-"

"Oh, he's not with her," Rico knew.

"Who is she?" Liv sounded curious.

"I don't know, but she's nothing like Mona." This Rico knew.

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm... they may not be entirely on the same page

    I like the collage. Love those blues

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never occurred to me that something might be going on with Nic. Although I do know that Mona is the more demonstrative half of the duo. But what Rico said has me curious. Maybe he's right and he and Liv should intervene. As always, the last line is killer:

    ' "I don't know, but she's nothing like Mona." This Rico knew."

    Ah, Magz, ever the foil!

    I love the pastels in the collage. 😍💙💗💛

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uy parece que Rico esta ilusionado. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good read! An excellent weekend for you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.