Monday, March 18, 2024

Stay tuned


 

Cyrus was now on iHeartRadio with his podcast. He'd even been picked up with a local radio station even if it was Sunday at midnight. Cyrus worked plenty from home these days and in charge of daddy duty, hint the name of his radio show.

"I gotta tell you, when I met my wife it was lot like raising a child," Deano smiled who was at the microphone with the heavy earphones on. He looked at Cyrus who chuckled back.

"You're gonna get in trouble here, man," Cyrus joked as he spoke into the podcast equipment at his desk.

"I don't mean that in a mean way," Deano said. "It's just she needed my support. And well, she only knows how to make Ramen, so you know I had my work cut out for me."

"Is that so?" Cyrus smiled.

"Oh, we've both grown since then," Deano kept smiling as if he had faith in what he said. "I mean, the more I got to know her, I didn't fear raising kids. I mean, we have a daughter now. I knew I wanted one very much. I mean, I love all things, but you know, nothing better than being a Girl Dad."

"Well, you know, you haven't gotten to the teen years yet?" Cyrus put that out there as if it might be an obstacle for  Deano to worry about.

"Oh, it's all good." He chuckled. "I know her babysitter very well."

"Uh-huh."

"Well maybe not that well, she's young and lives with her boyfriend, but she had her troubles with her own parents. She got out on her own pretty early." Deano confessed.

"Would you let your daughter do something like that?" Cyrus wanted to know. There were no commercial breaks. He had Deano right on the spot. It was a live conversation. Nothing was scripted.

"Um, I'm on the fence about that one. I mean, if the situation was right, then yeah." 

Deano nodded. "There are some that just need to leave the nest as soon as possible. I mean we are raising a rather overprotected generation these days. Some might not get out of the house until they are well over thirty these days. Kids are staying home a lot longer, you know. So yeah, I believe there comes a time when you have to let them go. They need the skills to take care of themselves. They need to learn how to live on their own even if they are at home."

"You do have a point," Cyrus said. "But until then, there are those precious moments."

"With diaper disasters included."

Cyrus finished up the podcast. It was then Deano told him he was going to be a Daddy again.

15 comments:

  1. Love your photo collage of today. I´ve never told you, and I like a lot these collage that you make. Happy week dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than good news
    X
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uy bien por Deano. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola!! sobre la generación sobreprotegida me recuerda a como mi madre abandonó el nido a los 16 y anduvo por todo lado.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writings are so nice to read and give off too much vitality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this podcast. When he said babysitter I thought he might go somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i could relate to this episode because i too think that kids must not be allowed out until they are 18 at least ,big enough to understand their place in their family and bond with them.
    secondly they must know the basic difference between right and wrong which is decisive when it comes to be happy in life
    thanks for lovely story

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two of my favorite characters, doing a podcast -- love it! It was cute and funny when Deano said that being with Caitlin was sort of like raising a child -- and now they're having another one! Also, I have to hand it to Cyrus for asking the hard questions. I'm so glad he's out there, doing his thing. 🎤💭👶🎤💭👶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have been wanting to write more about Cyrus and Deano, too 🩷💛🩷🧁

      Delete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.