Thursday, March 28, 2024

Then, baby, I'm movin' (movin') way too slow



 "It's time to give it up," Megan didn't know what else to say to Caitlin who looked as miserable as she ever did.

Deano had let her know it was another dead end for Caitlin's mystery. But Megan knew when she said it, it made her old roommate in more despair.

"Am I the only one who cares?" She snapped from her favorite seat in the livingroom with her tired feet on the old ottoman that Megan remembered in better times at the flat they used to share. Oh, the good old days that neither were that fond to talk about.

"Cate, you gotta relax," Megan was worried. She'd brought fruit. "You're having a baby."

Caitlin practically rolled her eyes.

"Tori and Dylan have moved on."

Caitlin practically looked at her cross-eyed as she sipped her mock SunRise drink. Her frown was full circle.

"You have to take care of yourself and the baby," Megan told her she was certain Tori would say the same thing. But Caitlin's tears emerged as if they both knew it would never be over.

"I swear if Soren grows up to be a tall brat, I'm certain Wade's his father," Megan blurted.

"You might be right," Megan nodded, but even then she didn't want to think of the journey her old roommate had been through to become a mother.

"Do you even hear from Tori anymore?" Megan sat down on the couch. They were alone. Deano was off with their little one. They were playing with unicorns.

Caitlin only sighed. "I want to see her. I do. I just don't know what to say without blowing it all up. I know what you mean. I need to leave it, alone. But I can't." Caitlin winced. "I can't forget what happened to Melvin. I mean, what if..what if Wade's a serial killer?"

Megan didn't want to listen, but she knew how dear a friend her husband Cory had been to their old friend Melvin.

"What if..what if Melvin isn't even dead," Megan didn't believe it, but she went on to tell her what Cyrus had rambled on a few months back about his cousin Melvin. Yes, they were all family even if they weren't blood related.

19 comments:

  1. Would be good to know about Melvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting know what next....
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a wrinkle. Melvin alive? Oo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool way to share creative work your reading!

    xoxo, Midori

    https://www.midorilinea.com/blogs/midori-linea/my-daughters-turns-one-photoshoot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful story! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waiting more in the next chapter

    ReplyDelete
  7. ¿Uy Melvin muriΓ³ o no?. Genial fragmento Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fiquei com pena da Catlin e seu bebΓͺ.
    Feliz pΓ‘scoa!πŸ‡ Beijos nas bochechas! 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it is Tori who had Soren. Caitlin has been curious who Soren's father it. However, Tori has found peace and happy that she has Soren to raise with Dylan (a trans man).

      Delete
  9. Thank you for allowing me to come here and read your next words.
    Very interesting to read.
    I send you my best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dammit I hope he's not a serial killer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa. I don't think Megan's wrong in telling Caitlin to drop the Melvin thing. It's a lot, especially with Caitlin's new baby on the way. But I know Caitlin well enough to realize that she can't help herself. On a lighter note, I love that Deano and their little one are out playing unicorns. πŸ’—πŸ¦„πŸ’—πŸ¦„πŸ’—πŸ¦„

    I was so excited to see the "Straight Up" reference in the collage! That was my favorite song in kindergarten, and I still love it! πŸŽ΅πŸ’›πŸŽ΅πŸ’›πŸŽ΅πŸ’›

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.