Monday, April 15, 2024

The sun'll come out tomorrow



 "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Dora asked.

Delia only yawned back. It was true she had crazy hours. She didn't see Tristan like she used too. She had to drive to the news station about two a.m. Occasionally she did have a couple of days off and that gave her time to be with Tristan and to sleep.

"That is such a funny question coming from you," Delia smirked back as she sipped her herbal tea. She'd asked Dora over to see how life was for Jade.

"I could still be there you know, and Jade would be without a job," Delia was even lipped. She had no idea that could have happened. At least, she was glad Jade was still there.

"Oh, it's the same old thing," Dora shrugged. "You know, I love Derrick, but does he even know how to operate a computer?"

"I don't think he's dumb. I think he just gets rattled and then confused and he has no idea how to be pleasant and calm on the phone," Delia sighed. "I wish I could see Jade. I do. And..and I'm afraid she hates me now."

"How could she? Really?" Dora gave her the eye. "She'll get used to it. She didn't up and leave, you know. She knows what to expect out of Derrick."

"If only she could love him like we do," Delia couldn't help but say as she put down her cup.

"Well, we are his fan girls." 

Dora giggled. Delia couldn't help but laugh too.

"Are we the only ones that feel that way?" Delia squinted as she leaned back in the dining chair.

"I think so," Dora nodded. "Besides, maybe his cuteness expired before Jade could see it."

"Oh, I don't think she could ever see his cuteness."

Delia shook her head. Yes, sometimes, it was good to think about the old times, back when she was happy to finally find a job. Now she felt she was running around all the time, fetching this file, going on a lead that was a dead end. She hoped she could keep up. It would pay off. Some day. She hoped Tristan could make it through, too. Still, a part of her knew who Jade was fangirling, but she would never say.

13 comments:

  1. Always interesting to get a POV from Delia she and Tristan are an interesting couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mam nadzieję, że to słońce jutro zaświecie ....

    pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  3. hola
    me ha gustado el dialogo entre ellas, ahora toca esperar a la siguiente entrada
    Besotesssssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish Delia all the best...
    She deserved some nice moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. After the quarantine I changed jobs because I couldn't work so many hours anymore.... Fortunately I did. I hope that Delia finds better and better jobs so that she has free time...and time to think. Have a nice week Εllie🌷🧡!

    ReplyDelete
  6. unfortunate for Delia, she will be happy.... hope

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me da pena por Delia. Genial fragmento. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it's true- it will be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eu ainda não conhecia Delia e Dora!
    Legal! Beijos!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.