Tuesday, January 19, 2021

good things take time

 Megan hadn't noticed when Tori walked away. Suddenly, she realized she was talking to herself. She pushed her chair back and knew she needed to walk around a bit. She really didn't want to sit at the dining table all day.

She knocked on Tori's door but Tori didn't answer. Megan thought she should walk away, but she couldn't. She opened the door and saw Tori was sobbing into a pillow.

"Oh, Tori, what's wrong," Megan felt so sad for her. She thought she was getting better. "Maybe if you talk about it. It will help." 

Tori had her back to her but turned to Megan.

"You don't have to look at me while you talk, just try to say what you feel." Megan pressed her lips tight hoping this wasn't the worst idea in the world. She sat down on the edge of the bed, vowing she would never mention any of this to anyone.

"Frankie's the only guy I've ever been with," Tori blurted and more tears emerged. 

"Well, that doesn't mean you have to be with him forever," Megan told her.

"You've probably been with a lot of guys-" Tori cleared her throat.

"Not that many," Megan shook her head with a squint as she counted them with her fingers on one hand as if she might be calculating her future. 

Tori hugged the pillow more. "It's just..It's just I feel my life was stunted, somehow. Like I didn't get to do what other kids did, when I was growing up. I mean, there were always violin lessons or piano and then voice lessons. I don't know, it was studying this and that and well, that's all I did. I didn't even get to watch TV." 

"Well, there's a lot of bad TV out there. But I am sure you could binge on FRIENDS now, if ..if you think it would help," Megan gave her a pat on the back. "Just don't give up on love. But you need to be your best friend. Find out what you like to do."

Tori brushed a tear with the back of her hand. 

"Do you really know Frankie? Just be friends with him right now," Megan said. 

Tori nodded. She took a deep breath.

"You'll get through this," Megan asked if she wanted a hug. Tori shook her head, no. But Megan gave her a pat on the back, anyway.


15 comments:

  1. Megan is such a good friend to her :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan is awesome! <3

    www.pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always very crisply written ... The last line was truly a sweet moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan is so amazing, I loved the support she gave.
    Xo
    dearlytay.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting chapter.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/01/rose-infused-products.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Esto me recordó mi adolescencia, cuando por cosas así creía que se acababa el mundo.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.