Tuesday, April 13, 2021

You are not alone



 "I think Kyle might be into...guys," Megan said to Cori with a quick kiss while she was getting ready for work.

Cori only looked at her with one eye. The other needed desperate sleep. The work at the pizzeria was making him an old man.

"Huh?"

"You heard me." She remained closed-lipped, but then let slip. "There was guy sex coming from Kyle's room."

Cori only sighed and rolled away from her. The less he knew the better.

"Please, spare me the details," he said, but of course Megan went on.

"I swear, I thought they were going to kill themselves. Is it always like that?" She asked.

"As if I would know," he fretted then and looked back at her. "Don't say anything to him about it."

"Why?" She looked so tiny and immature, even in her jumper and knee-high socks.

"We don't know," Cori winced. "Just let it go."

"I want you to talk to him," she said.

"But..but you're the school teacher." He winced a face of disgust. No way did he want to talk to his new roommate about his sex life.

"I can't talk to him about this." She gave him a look that he needed to tend to this. 

"Can't you just let it go?" He didn't want to argue about it. All he really wanted was to have the warm bed to himself. Of course, with what she said..he didn't want to be alone with Kyle either.

"Talk to him." She was on her way to school, holding her pop tart as if it was the quickest way to have breakfast.

Cori shook his head in bed. Seriously, he did not want to talk to Kyle.

16 comments:

  1. Great as always!!I should tell you that I love the picture of today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always guarantee a good read for us! :)
    --
    O diário da Inês | Facebook | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think they should bring it up until he is ready to speak. I loved the chapter
    xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo creo que es mejor respetar la privacidad de cada persona, Kyle se los dirá si lo desea. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  5. A difficult situation indeed. So much so that Cori describes Megan as "tiny and immature, even in her jumper and knee-high socks." Megan's usually so in control, sometimes to the point of being a know-it-all. Yet the thought of asking Kyle about his sexuality has got even her rattled. Still, I agree with Tayane. I don't think this is the kind of thing you can or should ask a person. It has to come from him when he's ready. Getting back to Megan's outfit, though, I love how you portray it in the collage: the yellow jumper, blue striped top, and red beret are primary-rific. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm glad you like the collage too! Yes, sometimes, I might over step my bounds in some segments of my story.

      Delete
  6. Picture on the head of the page is PERFECT! This chapter is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy how Megan is on the independent tough side, not the damsel in distress kind of character. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can understand why he doesn't want to ask such a private question.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.