Thursday, September 30, 2021

Feeling like a daisy on a fine day



 "I did it!" Cyrus was all smiles. He flashed the gift card in front of Pixie who was busy with pizza orders. She looked a little out of it, but Cyrus hardly noticed. He'd forgot about her throwing up on Roman.

It was all a blur now. He sighed with happiness. He'd gotten all fifty-five questions correct at the pub. Naturally, the bartender was peeved that he didn't order anything.

"All right," he'd said when it was coming up the last five questions. "I'll have a White Russian." He'd heard of someone ordering one in a movie once. Only, he couldn't quite remember the movie. Anyway, he was busy thinking about answers. He'd paid the bartender cash. Actually, he hardly sipped the drink. He smelled it. 

Naturally, when he won they all wanted to wipe that silly grin off his face, but he'd said. "I won this for a girl."

"A girl!" The moderator made a toast as if everyone in the establishment could enjoy his moment too.

Of course, he was silly now too, but Pixie wasn't noticing. She was rushing around getting people their orders.

"We could go back there tonight."

"I don't think so," she said she was in trouble with her roommate.

"What kind of trouble?" He looked at her wishing she wasn't wearing a mask. He'd forgotten to wear his, but no one shamed him.

"He's just destined to be an old fart," she said about the matter. Next, she was back to taking people's money. 

Cyrus went back to the dishes. It really pained him to see her this way. How could anybody be mean to Pixie? He went on with the chore. No way did he want anyone telling him he wasn't doing his job. Especially, in front of Pixie. 

Finally, all was quiet and she came back to the dishwasher and tugged at his belt loop.

"I'm sorry I'm being a banshee tonight."

"Huh?" He looked at her, and she reached up and touched his messy curls.

"I think you need to wash your hair," she told him.

"Oh."

"I could do it after we close."

He cleared his throat wondering what that could mean. "Sure." He nodded even if using the spray faucet in the sink got them both wet.

"We can go to that bar some other night, OK?" Her mouth was sweet and when she looked up at him he imagined her knowing how to speak to animals because he sort of felt like an animal when he was with her.

"OK." He could barely say, but he was certain she heard him because her smile meant she really liked being around him.


13 comments:

  1. Cyrus es tan tierno cuando está feliz, creo que está muy preocupado por Pixie y espero que le pase pronto. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cyrus is so tender when he is happy, I think he is very worried about Pixie and I hope it will happen to him soon. ♥♥ Cool observation.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes a smile says more than words. Wonderful chapter. You portray relationships so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola!! sin duda Cyrus está muy preocupado por lo que pueda pasar

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much good stuff here!

    "It was all a blur now. He sighed with happiness. He'd gotten all fifty-five questions correct at the pub. Naturally, the bartender was peeved that he didn't order anything." Go, Cyrus! The part about the peeved bartender is so funny.

    '"We can go to that bar some other night, OK?" Her mouth was sweet and when she looked up at him he imagined her knowing how to speak to animals because he sort of felt like an animal when he was with her." I've never read anything like this! The animal simile is so weird and wonderful and really shows us how Cyrus is feeling. Which is to say that he's in deep. I almost don't want to be around when the Pixie spell breaks . . .

    Love, love, love the brain skullcap in the collage. It really fits Cyrus, and this post!

    To answer your question, yes, I'm dressing up for Halloween. But I don't have my costume figured out yet. What about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment..it really makes me smile. I so appreciate it. Yes, I do enjoy writing about these two. & thanks for loving the collage too! Who know, maybe somebody needs this kind of attraction too.

      Last year I was princess Leia. My hair was a yarn wig. I dunno if I will do anymore yarn wigs this year. The Elsa one I made was much better. I would like to do something Antoinette..but that might be overthinking on my part.

      Delete
  5. Uy que genial fragmento parece que el amor eta en el aire. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very 7 usual relationship! Still think that Cyrus is a very thoughtful one but Pixie is not! I hope i am wrong for the Pixie.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.