Sunday, September 12, 2021

I'm in serious shit, I feel totally lost

 


Frankie felt a little more uncomfortable each minute he spent with Tori. Truly, he did feel like a lost cause. If he let it slip, how he was really feeling, he knew it would do neither any good. And when she started talking about a wedding. Frankie felt the urge to go to the bathroom. Anywhere to be alone.

He winced as he washed his hands. No way could he actually use the bathroom at Tori's place. He winced more. Had he heard her correctly? She and Dylan were married?

AND GAY?

"Why didn't you tell me?" he texted Megan who didn't text for a bit but finally replied, "About what?"

"Tori and Dylan."

"What about them?"

Frankie winced hard. He knew it was best not text what he really wanted to text.

"She says they got married?"

"When!" Megan shot back.

"Um, I dunno." Frankie moved the words into the space and sent. Honestly, he wasn't really listening to Tori. He was just hung up on the GAY word. He sighed and told Megan he'd call her soon. He pushed his phone in his back pocket.

"So..so how come you guys didn't tell anyone?" He felt as if he was using Megan's words. Not his own when he got back to the glass of lemonade.

"Oh, we just thought, it was best to be alone," she told him. "I mean, I got my COVID vaccine and we felt like taking a trip to Colorado. Luckily, there was an opening at the lodge, and we just had to do some paperwork and we got to be alone in the forest, said our vows ..and that's that. We ate Krispy Kreme donuts."

He looked at her straight-lipped as if that was not on her diet.

"We celebrated."

"Good." Frankie managed to say although, his throat practically stung. "I..I wished I'd known."

He did his best not to wince. Honestly, he was such a fool. He felt as if everyone knew this but him.

10 comments:

  1. To be alone in the forest sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a friend who married this way. It was kind of sad, I wished we could have been there, but they wanted to be alone.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Translation...These are options that are taken in life...

      Delete
  3. uy pobre Frankie te mando un beso. Genial capítulo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, another bombshell from Tori! And very sneaky the way you reveal that she and Dylan got married! I'm happy for them but feel for Frankie, who seems to be struggling. I see what you mean about the lonely forest wedding. Sometimes things like that seem like they'll be more romantic and genuine but end up feeling empty. Still, I think it's a good sign that Tori's opening up to Frankie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is great have a good friend that open your eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tori and Dylan got married. What a surprise!
    I understand the private married thing, I think it can be attractive and romantic idea.... when there's this private wedding, maybe it makes people more connected. On the other hand, they might miss their families and regret they didn't share it with their friends. I think it all depends on the person. Some prefer a public wedding, some private.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.