Tuesday, December 7, 2021

feeling like a tailspin



 It was true, Mario felt a little lost without Rico. He hadn't meant for the sadness to seep in. He kind of wished he was the one who was moving in with his Dad. Although, he knew Rico needed the opportunity. After all Mario had been at his dad's side for a long time now and Rico hadn't.

It was work, breaking down the bed set and taking it over to his Dad's just to get the guest bed in return. He was thankful for the help from Levi. Afterward, they'd stopped at one of Levi's favorite local places for a meal. Mario knew he had to repay Levi for spending practically the day with him.

"You don't have to do that," Levi smiled. "I like hanging out with you."

"Huh," Mario found himself laughing, knowing it was nothing special. Especially, after listening to his dad go on and on about how it was when Mario was growing up. It felt as if the stories were endless. "No, I put you through a lot today." So they ordered Levi's Greek favorites at El Basha and chowed down. 

"I wish I knew my Dad that well," Levi said it hadn't been that way growing up. He guessed there were a lot that way. "Well, Rico doesn't really know him. I feel I have..." Mario squinted hard. "I don't know.. been a little selfish."

"How can that be?" Levi looked at him as if he should have nothing to regret about spending too much time with family.

"I'm the oldest," he nodded. "I guess I knew him best. He's not perfect, but he's my dad and I felt at my best when I was with him. You know, he's family." Mario nodded. "It's a feeling I gotta wonder if Caitlin will ever be able to feel and Rico..oh, Rico is so young. He's been through a lot already, feeling like a leftover of some kind from a previous life."

"You have a lot to be proud of, to be grateful for," Levi nodded as they were in the middle of messy gyros and falafels. "You're a good big brother, don't forget that."

Mario smiled at him, hoping Levi didn't up and leave for L.A. anytime soon. Honestly, he did like having him as a roommate.

14 comments:

  1. Would be nice if he could have him as a roommate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great moments! What a great chat! Friendship is sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Há muito companheirismo entre amigos de quarto...
    a gente se acostuma com a convivência.

    😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pobre Mario, los cambios siempre son muy fuertes ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uy que tierno es Mario. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great to read this conversation between Levi and Mario. Yes, family is important. I understand how he feels about his dad. Even when our parents aren't perfect, they are still our parents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good friendship to share many things....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It would be good these two together
    xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moving out -- and on -- is always hard. But it's good that Mario has Levi. Your dialogue for Mario here is so poignant: '"I'm the oldest," he nodded. "I guess I knew him best. He's not perfect, but he's my dad and I felt at my best when I was with him. You know, he's family." Mario nodded. "It's a feeling I gotta wonder if Caitlin will ever be able to feel and Rico..oh, Rico is so young. He's been through a lot already, feeling like a leftover of some kind from a previous life."' The line about Rico feeling like a leftover is especially good. Ah, family!

    I was so cheered to see my sunflower dress peeking out in the collage! Especially in the company of cacti. Many thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely loved the chatting when they talked about family's memories. Your imagery was outstanding.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.