Saturday, August 13, 2022

Saturday the 13th




 "Oh, I'm worried about her," Hope said it as if she was talking about a cat or something, but she knew as much as Tori went on about how happy she was for Hope to be moving to her own house and having a teaching position at the same school as Kyle made Tori a bit depressed.

"Well, she wouldn't hurt herself or..or Soren, would she?" Bea was concerned. They were on their way to the Farmer's Market. 

"God, I hadn't even thought of that," Hope looked blankly ahead while Bea drove on down the road in her little White KIA Soul to the park. It was just the two of them and Hope felt a little naked without the baby. 

But the daycare was already set up and Gracie was already settled into a new schedule. Still, she wondered if this was all right to be here right now.

"I'm sorry I said that," Bea said. "I tend to think the worst." She sighed. "Sometimes, I do wonder if she's been spoiled all this time, staying at home, like she is."

"Spoiled?" Hope winced. "Well, you know, they can't really afford child care and I think it's better this way."

"You're probably right. Spoiled is a bad word." Bea nodded. "I didn't mean to sound so mean."

"You're not mean," Hope smiled.

"Oh, you wouldn't know how I can be with some of the people I work with," Bea said as she pulled into a spot by the Farmer's Market.

"I don't believe you." Hope kept smiling.

"Not to the patients. I'd never be cruel," she sighed. "It's just some people I work with who think we are the best of friends and can say whatever they want, you know."

Hope nodded. She couldn't say she missed that in the workplace.

"I tell ya, the things they love to share, stories about their sex lives and such. Just too much TMI." They got their bags ready to look for the veggies, but of course, they had to look at necklaces and earrings. Even a few crochet items.

"We should have really brought Tori with us," Bea then said.

"Oh, she wouldn't have gone. She doesn't like leaving the apartment," Hope told her.

"Yeah, I was hoping I would get her to go to a movie with me, or something this summer," Bea said as she decided on some banana bread and mixed nuts at the Tropical Goodness Foodtruck.

Hope couldn't resist the handcrafted earrings she saw. Perhaps more expensive than the last time she was here. It would be something she could wear to school.

"What do you think Tori would like?" Bea said Hope knew her better than she did.

Hope wasn't sure of that. 

"Let's find her some fruit. We can't go wrong with fruit, can we?" Bea said, but of course, she was soon swooned by a little tub of fresh Okra. "Can't remember the last time I had okra." She took to the fresh greens too.

Hope grabbed some peaches and plums.

"I think it's about time I do some soulfood for that girlfriend of ours," Bea said as they were leaving. 

Hope chuckled. Yes, Bea always knew the best medicine.

11 comments:

  1. I love eat jajajaja so much
    Other nice chapter
    Have a incredible day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bea and Hope seem fun. It was interesting wandering around the farmers' market with them. And yes it's amazing what people talk about at work!

    I love food trucks so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Greg that Bea and Hope's trip to the farmer's market sounds fun! I was drawn to this part: "They got their bags ready to look for the veggies, but of course, they had to look at necklaces and earrings. Even a few crochet items." Scoping out surprises is the best part of shopping! On a more serious note, I hope Tori's doing okay. Bea seems to have a handle on showing her support -- as well as understanding of how dark things can get. I imagine that hospital work has prepared her for both.

    I adore the embroidered denim dress in the collage! 💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting story....
    love foods from food truck.... fresh and cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always great to remember our friends. And I am sure Tori needs this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the chapter. With food everything is solved
    xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ellie (F. LaCosse),
    Your narratives are always smart and creative.
    Kisses and have a good week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.