Monday, January 16, 2023

One thing for sure

 


"You aren't mad at me, are you?" Nic wanted to know. It didn't seem Tristan felt as close to him as he used to.

"No," Tristan sounded hurt that Nic would even say that. After all, the guy just wanted his first cup of coffee for the morning so he went about fixing it the way he'd drink it, a little milk and a little sugar. Nic watched him stir his cup. Of course, Tristan looked so tired with his hair in his eyes.

"I mean..I..I guess I should have talked to you about Mona," Nic thought it was late in coming, but he knew he should have before now.

Tristan only sighed and took a sip of his morning brew. "It's fine." He finally said.

"The coffee?" Nic wanted to know.

"No, you and Mona." He mumbled.

Nic nodded and went to make toast. He had eggs already scrambled.

"I should of.."

"Oh, she wasn't going to tell you anything," Tristan sounded as if he knew Mona very well. "Don't worry about it. As long as she's boss, I don't see you two having any problems." His wisdom only made Nic nod more. He nursed his bottom lip.

"Are you happy?" Tristan asked.

Nic looked at him blankly.

"Do you think you guys can make it in this unpredictable world?" His question stung Nic deeply. Honestly, Nic really didn't know. He hoped so, but he knew he'd never win the lottery even if he entered the mega millions only once a week.

"I'm not gonna lie," Tristan gave Nic a serious look. "I didn't want her to leave me, but..but I understand now, why she did. And..for a long while..I wanted her to be as miserable as I was because..in the long run, she did make me miserable." He was quiet then as he drank a little more coffee. "I don't want you to be miserable with her. But give her an inch and she'll take a mile."

Nic kept looking at him. He'd remember what Tristan said. Maybe Tristan knew her a lot better than Nic thought he did.

13 comments:

  1. how sad but everything will be alright
    X
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm, some relationship advice over coffee. Life can be messy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the story goes on.....interesting to read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uy genial fragmento te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally amazing chapter
    Thanks for sharing
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice chapter dear, I just want to read more

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely forgot about Tristan and Nic being friends. This is a really nice conversation between them, especially given the Mona connection. It seems like Tristan has really matured. And that Nic is beginning to wonder what he's getting into . . .

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.