Tuesday, September 10, 2024

No longer at all with a sorrowful soul



 "WOW! Just Wow!" 

Oh, the excitement of being an Aunt rushes through Sunny's senses. It gives her goosebumps but in a thrilling way. Only, Liv didn't come with Woo to tell her and Louie the news. "Is..is there something you're not telling me?"

"She. She likes staying home, you know." Woo is even-lipped about the situation as he brushes his dark bangs away from his serious dark eyes.

"Well, let's have something sweet," Sunny brings him to the kitchen table. Louie made oatmeal cookies. He says they ward off the flu. This gives Woo a chuckle. Of course, he tries one and nods they are really tasty.

"You don't think she'll quit her job, do you?" Sunny asks as she brings him fresh coffee. Louie stands at his post by the kitchen sink. 

"I don't think so."

Woo looks at her blankly as he pours a little milk in his coffee. Sunny nods.

"I ..I was afraid..she might be mad at me," Sunny tells him.

"Mad? Liv would never be mad at you. She knows you aren't fond of her, anyway."

Woo shrugs and bites into another cookie.

"What? How can she think that?"

Sunny's eyes are lit as if she can't believe this. After all, they've been through. She can't help but hug herself.

"Sunny, don't get so moody," Louie says as he comes over and sits next to her. He practically has his arm around her. "You know how unlikeable you can be."

"Unlikeable?" She turns to him as if they are all so wrong about her. "I didn't know how to act around some American girl you brought home." She looks at Woo as if this is all  his fault.

Woo sighs. His smile is open. 

"I bet Liv was just like me, back home."

Sunny is standing her ground. 

"You might be right," Woo agrees as she sips his coffee. "Maybe that's why its so hard for you two to get along."

"But..but..."

"I know, things have changed. You've grown a lot this summer," Woo tells her that he's glad she's found Louie.


10 comments:

  1. Great article and good blog. Success for your blog ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten tekst równiez bardzo mi się podoba. Dobrze się czyta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like this text very much. It reads well.💕🌈💙Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Genial fragmento. Las cosas van mejorando. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice chapter, and so interesting like always
    I hope you are having a good day and you will be better and better with each day
    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Biscoitos de aveia afastam a gripe?
    Estou precisando de alguns! beijos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do oatmeal cookies ward off the flu?
      I need some! Kisses! 💙💙💙💙Oh, I heard that a few years back..especially if you put dried cranberries in them.

      Delete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.