Wednesday, November 23, 2022

finding that pebble together



 Eric wasn't sure he could take any more of this double dating with Dora and Delia. It was suffocating.

"I think we're spending too much time with them," Eric told Derrick.

"Do you think?" He looked more miserable than he did.

"How did this even happen?" They were at Eric's and he was doing a little packing and Derrick was helping. After all, Derrick was going to be here for Thanksgiving, but so were Dora and Delia. 

"Well, you were being the nice guy. I was trying to be as boring as ever because I am boring," Derrick said.

"No, you're not," Eric winced back as if he was just trying to make it even more complicated.

Derrick only sighed. He folded another sweater and put it in the box. It would be the box Eric would open first because he would need his warm clothes since it was so cold and windy. And it might snow again.

"Maybe it's the holidays. They need us for the holidays. I bet that's it," Eric nodded. 

"And you should have told Delia you're gay." Derrick told him.

"I know. I was, but she..she just keeps talking," Eric shrugged back. "She's nice."

"Just too sweet for their own good." Derrick nursed his bottom lip. 

"Maybe..maybe we're not like normal guys to them..so..so they talk more," Eric thought aloud as he was going through his jeans and putting his ripped jeans away for his summer clothes.

"Maybe," Derrick pressed his lips. Oh, he had nothing for a solution. "I really don't want to upset either of them. But Dora's not my type."

Eric looked at him seriously. "What are you trying to tell me?"

"You're my type," Derrick said.

Eric cracked up thinking this had to be the best joke he'd ever heard but he could see Derrick was serious.

7 comments:

  1. Oh no that's going to be an interesting conversation. :)

    I hope the cheeseball goes well! Sounds yummy :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uy parece que las cosas se complican, te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it! Eric and Derrick, perfect together! They're like those too adorable bunnies! Hopefully, Dora and Delia will recover. I just love the whole rhyming name thing. It makes the double dating even more ridiculous, yet at the same tells us that Eric and Derrick are meant to be.

    It sounds like you had a cozy Thanksgiving! The husband and I went to his sister's. We hadn't seen her family since before the pandemic, so that was nice. I brought brownies made, of course, from a box. Duncan Hines never disappoints! I didn't venture out for Black Friday today -- actually, I haven't done that in years, which is funny, because it used to be such a big thing for my mom and me. Instead I've been catching up on laundry -- and yes, reading!. But I'm planning to surf some deals later.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.