Tuesday, August 27, 2024

I hope you make a lot of nice friends



 Rico never phantom this kind of luck. Well, he didn't want to admit it, but what else could it be.

Girls. So many girls at the University. It just about gave him a heart attack.

"Is is supposed to be this way?" The only person he could ask was Gabe. Of course, he could have asked his Dad but he didn't want to.

"How should I know?" Gabe was indifferent, but it didn't stop him from getting Rico a cold soda when he stopped by Gabe and Sammy's new place above Mel's diner. "Remember, I didn't go to college."

"Well, you could."

Rico looked at him blankly and then remembered. "Oh, you're married, anyway." Rico chuckled but the thought of all this girl trouble was starting to mess with his brain.

"So what's the deal?" Gabe grinned. "Having trouble deciding on who to ask out?"

"I don't know if I should ask anybody out," He shook his head as she sipped the foam off the can of rootbeer.

"Still got it bad for Vada, huh?" Gabe looked at him as if it might be a joke.

"Vada?" Rico squinted hard. "I haven't seen her..um, I don't even remember." He hadn't meant to lose touch with her. She was a friend. Maybe. "Does Sammy talk to her?"

"Vada hasn't been here since we've moved," Gabe shrugged.

"I don't know, I just thought-"

"Vada is moving on," Gabe nodded. "We're just history."

"Maybe she got in good with her dad, again," Rico seriously believed her Dad wouldn't like him anyway. 

"Oh, she probably needs to behave so she can get loads of cash from her Dad."

"Probably."

Rico nursed the rootbeer. He hoped Vada found what she was looking for. He didn't want to dwell on it. After all, there were about three girls he wanted to date, but he knew he should just settle for one. No, maybe he'd be friends with all three. That was probably all it should be.

8 comments:

Hi, I love notes. Thanks for dropping by.